Thursday, July 8, 2010

Staycation

Fourth of July weekend was so much fun! I love that it landing on a Sunday... there were three whole days that blended into one long, big holiday. We spent it with my family for our Davies Family "Staycation." The trip started with Rachel and Andrew's birthday. They have the same birthday. This year we celebrated 3 years and 3 decades. How often does that happen? I made their cake, which was a bit of an adventure (I'm watching Harry Potter and I feel like I'm talking like them). Anyway, I made my cakes on Thursday night, went to put Railee to bed while they cooled, and came back downstairs only to find Sky had eaten my cakes! I was sooooo mad, but now it is almost starting to become funny. So, Friday I had to start over. It turned out cute, though. It was a Funfetti cake with Superman ice cream in the middle, and then of course colorful sprinkles on top. Mmmmm, turned out yummy, too!
Day 2 - Really relaxing. We took family pictures and then the day and ended with a "bang" at the Stadium of Fire. We were really worried that Railee would HATE it and we'd have a miserable time, but she actually did VERY well. Didn't cry once! She fell asleep during Carrie Underwood, and then actually liked the fireworks! My mom made her and all the girl cousins these cute dresses.
Day 3 - Sunday night we had the Ingersolls to the Midway house for a dutch oven dinner and movie outside. It was such a great turnout and super fun!
Cute daddies with our cute babies - Adam & Ethan, Enoch & Oakley, Ben & T-Ray, and my cute Chasey-Poo and Railee Bear.
Day 4 - Balloon Festival, Maglebee's breakfast, and sleep.


Day 5 - Hike/walk at Cascade Springs.... SO pretty! Then a picnic/fishing at a park in Midway.
Day 6 - The boys went golfing in the morning and the girls went to the Homestead Spa in the afternoon. We all then went home. We had a blast in everything we did! It makes me sad when such a fabulous weekend comes to an end, but there's so much more to look forward to this just this month, not to mention Lake Powell in August. I love summer!

2 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Summer as well!! What a fun "staycation" for you guys. We loved coming to Midway ans had a blast! Railee is so dang cute and sooooo sweet! I just love her. They grow up too fast huh? Lake Powell??? NOT FAIR.

jayni & ben said...

sheesh i want to be a part of the staycation!! sounds and looks like you guys had so much fun. i love it up in midway it is beautiful!!

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!