Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just Plain Cute...

Ok, nothing special about these pictures other than she's just plain cute. I can't get enough of this little stinker. She constantly makes me smile.


July has continued to be awesome for us. It feels like we're always moving, doing something fun. Chase just had his birthday - he's getting so big. We've made even more jam, raspberry this time. Railee helped pick and eat them. I've been to St. George, I hired my first teenage babysitter, Chase and I have been to 2 movies together (that's huge these days), and we've hung out a lot in Midway. Things are starting to slow down for the summer. We have one more trip to St. George planned, but then it's wait at home and watch the clock until #2 is born. Which, BTW, is for sure a girl. We were having our doubts. I am carrying super different and when I had my ultrasound, the tech was not convincing at all. He just kept saying things like, "Well, nothing is ever 100% certain," and "From what I can tell you're having a girl." I think he was supposed to say that, but ever since we've had the lingering thought that he very well could be wrong. Anyway, my doctor gave me an ultrasound last week to check the position of the baby and.... YEP! No doubt about it now, we're having a girl! Things are going great in this pregnancy. She's healthy and I'm healthy... what more could you ask for? I'm getting nervous and excited about this baby. I am excited to not be pregnant anymore and to see our baby, but nervous to have two kids. I'm also nervous for Railee... I just feel she doesn't have a clue, even though I've tried to help her understand, and that her world will be turned upside down. I love seeing that girl happy, and she does get jealous and angry sometimes when I hold other babies. She loves babies and I know she'll get used to it and love her sister, but the worry is for trying to juggle the new baby and her tender emotions. I'm also worried about being overwhelmed. As I've mentioned before, Railee's a handful. Will she become even more of a handful competing for my attention? Overall, I am excited. I think she NEEDS a playmate. I also think it will be a great thing for her to learn to share her attention.

So, that's our update.

1 comment:

The Hale Family said...

She SURE is just plain cute!!

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!