Friday, September 9, 2011

Chelsea

Our little Chelsea is here! She was born a week ago, but I'm just getting on my computer for the first time today. Having two kids is weird and will definitely take some getting used to, but it's not as hard as I was thinking it would be. Everything went smoothly with the labor and our stay at the hospital.
Railee's been making the adjustment so much better than I expected, too. She LOVES her sister, but does have a few things that she gets upset about that she never did before... like brushing her teeth.



Chelsea was born Sept 1st at 5:44. She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces. It's neat because that's exactly what Chase weighed when he was born.



Railee hung out at the hospital quite a bit, so she got to be there for the ride home. This is what our new car-load looks like!

And this is Chase's favorite thing. He loves to have the baby asleep on his chest... it's really sweet. We have several pictures of Railee and him in this same position. I love it, too!

Our first day and night home I felt bad that we weren't being very fun for Railee, so we sent her to spend the night in Midway where all of her cousins were. We sent her with the pack n' play where we were planning on having Chelsea sleep until Railee's done with the crib. So I fixed up this nice laundry basket. I felt kind of sad/lame welcoming my baby home to a laundry basket bed, but it actually worked out really well! She fit perfectly, and it was nice cuz we could carry it around with us downstairs. It'll make a great scrapbook story. She also was being so happy and cute when I was taking these pictures. She does the funniest things with her legs, too. She's so much fun!




NOW... I have to throw this in here because I am so happy about it... but Chelsea slept through the night last night. She fell asleep about 11:30 and woke up at 9:00!!! Again, I know they tell you to keep them on a feeding schedule even in the night, but I don't agree with that. I don't think you should wake a sleeping baby (at night) just so you have to re-teach her to sleep through the night later. If a baby is hungry, he/she will let you know. Anyway, so we have a new method that is supposed to get her on a sleeping-through-the-night schedule. After last night's results I will stick to it! You keep the baby awake from 3:00 to about 9:00. It seemed like it would be kind of difficult, but it wasn't so bad. I kept her fed, but never let her get completely stuffed. Then you can wash her feet, I gave her a sponge bath, changed her diaper between feedings, etc. I started this process a little late last night so she didn't end up falling asleep until 11:30, but once she was asleep she stayed asleep! Supposedly, after 3 days of that the baby should be on a set schedule. I am so happy today with a FULL night's sleep backing me up! Thought I should share my tip with you all!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that you got such a good night's sleep too! I might be calling you in awhile to get all of the particulars of that sleeping through the night plan!

The Hale Family said...

YAY! Im so glad she is here and all went well. Congratulations!!

The Butlers said...

she's beautiful, congrats!

The Hale Family said...

Mikah, you are so sweet. I know we need to catch up more! When I'm home on maternity leave it will be easier for me to meet up with you! We will have to do lunch. Dinner would be absolutely awesome if you have time and feel up for it! :) I hope you guys are doing well. Chelsea is darling! my number is 801-349-5002 just so you have it if you need it!

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!