Monday, September 19, 2011

It Happened....

Railee escaped her crib! Not only that, but we were in her room with her reading scriptures before we turned out the lights and neither of us even noticed her crawling over the railing until all the sudden she was out... that's how graceful she did it. It was as if she had done it a million times before. We sat there contemplating whether or not she had done it before, but figured she doesn't know how to get back in so this must have been her first time. She definitely, then, had been studying how she was going to do it. We put her back in to watch what she would do and sure enough she has her method down perfectly, without a struggle at all. We were laughing so hard. Why was it funny? It really makes me stressed out. I don't know if I'm ready for this battle just yet. I am happy, though, that she knows how to get out safely instead of just falling out.

Ok, now I'm going to ask for anybody who reads this next part to leave a comment if you have one. I recently blogged about my method to get Chelsea to sleep through the night. Well, as much as it worked the first night, I found it to be lot harder to keep her awake than I thought. Not impossible, but hard mostly because she was crying a lot and I felt sad doing that to her. Plus, the person Chase got this advice from isn't somebody I can email or call with my questions. ANYWAY, that really doesn't have anything to do with what I'm asking here. Chelsea has actually been doing really well getting through the night. She'll wake up once or not at all. I had somebody that just had a baby call and ask for some advice on this subject. I gave her a few pointers, but every baby is different and responds to different things. Not to mention, I am not a pro by any means. This poor new mom was exhausted from having no sleep two nights in a row. SO, if you have any suggestions or different methods will you please leave a comment so anybody who wants can read them? I feel like I know a lot of new moms that would probably appreciate pointers on this one. Thanks!

1 comment:

tgood said...

We swaddled Kendall from day one. And not just in a normal blanket, but one of the swaddle blankets with velcro where she can't get out. (Basically a mini straight jacket.) Keeping her all bundled kept her sleeping so well. Don't change her diaper at night, that wakes them up! I know it may bother you to let her sleep in a dirty diaper, but it wakes them up so much more at night! Anyway, I'm no pro either, these just happened to work for us! Good luck!

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!