Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers

I know Mothers' Day is over, but I've just been reading a few posts others wrote about being a mom or about their moms. Plus, I haven't been able to see my mom yet and give her my card, gift, and hug.... so it's just on my mind right now. Actually, I don't know why, but I've been SUPER excited about Mothers' Day this year. I was excited last year because it was my first as a mother, but even more this year. First of all, because I have great mothers. My own mom, of course... I don't know what I would do without my mom! She's so sweet and giving. She gives her time and herself to all of her kids, grandkids, or any other family member. Family is always first for her. She'll make a day trip from St George just to make it to a family member's shower or other event. She gives service to those who need a little extra love and attention. She is SO great to her sons- and daughter-in law. I think she does a perfect job making them feel like they are her own kids. And then, of course, she is dedicated to her church callings. And she does it all without complaining. She is such an example to me and what kind of mother, and even person, I want to be. Then, there are my two mothers-in-law. Brigette is always so sweet and thoughtful. She's super busy, but ALWAYS keeps us in mind for everything. She will always make it to our house to see us on holidays and birthdays. She also loves and spoils Railee to death! She's so thoughtful of her and our baby-to-be. She's even already bought an outfit for the new baby. I appreciate her so much for how sweet and thoughtful she is! Then Heidi is sweet and so, so helpful! I hope she (and Craig) realize how much we appreciate all that they do for us. They always step up to the plate to watch Railee if we need a date night or even need to go somewhere for a night or two. I can tell she gets taken care of there and that she has a lot of fun. I also can tell in Heidi's eyes, and everybody elses' in Chase's family, that she loves her so much and would be willing to do anything for her. I get really bummed when she isn't able to watch her, not because I have to keep looking for a sitter, but I love knowing that Railee is being watched by somebody that loves her so much. Thanks, Heidi, for taking such good care of my little girl!

Second, I've been excited for Mothers' Day because I LOVE being a mom!!! I've looked at it as a day I get to really appreciate the family I am being blessed with. Lately, I've had a ton of moments where I'm looking at Railee in amazement and disbelief that she is mine. She is so sweet and so much fun! My love for her grows each day, even though it feels like it couldn't possibly grow any more. I appreciate Railee, my future baby girl, and the blessing of being a mom! It's amazing to me to to watch her learn and see her say and do things for the first time. EVERYTHING she does makes me smile because she is that special to me... even the things I shouldn't smile at. My favorite things about Railee are:
1) In the mornings I'll go and get her out of her crib and she immediately makes sure she has Izzy (her elephant) with her. Then when I pick her up she puts her head on my shoulder and tries to get her little arms around me and Izzy for a little cuddle time. I LOVE our morning cuddles!
2) Recently she has been coming up to me if I'm in her reach and patting my back. After a few pats she gives me a hug from behind. It's so sweet and special to me!
3) Her independence. Since day one she has tried and is determined to do everything by herself.
4) She found our big bag of Sour Patch Kids and knows just how to manouver her way to them. The first time I thought she'd hate the sourness... but she LOVES them!
5) Her new obsession for chichi's (cookies) and nanny (candy).
6) How active she is.
7) Her love for music. Also, her ear for the beat. I swear I'm getting that girl into dance as soon as she's old enough!
8) When she pretends to talk on the phone... even fake laughs sometimes.
9) Her red hair.
10) How tall she is!
11) When she tries to give the little baby I watch hugs and kisses. I know she's going to be a terrific big sister.
12) How excited she gets to see Chase or even talk to him on the phone.
13) She's always been a great sleeper and eater!
14) Her curiosity.
15) Her willingness to always share whatever she has at the moment.
16) How much she loves being outside.
17) Her funny faces.
18) Her smile and laugh.
19) Her tantrums lately - I know I shouldn't, but I think they're funny. I love how dramatic she's getting. I'm sure it will get old and I am trying to teach her they're naughty... but I can't help but smile at her new way of expressing her frustration.
20) That I can keep going and going with this list. It would be forever long!

Finally, I love "mothering" Chase. I know it's weird wording it that way when it comes to my husband, but then it sometimes feels like the same thing. I cook for him, I try to make sure he gets out of bed on time, I remind him where he puts things, I support him in his schooling. I am the mother of my home and my family and he's a part of that. I could not be that role without him. I love taking care of him, and I realize that he does all the same for me if not more. I feel like Mother and Fathers' Days is Wife and Husbands' Days, too. After all, we all take care of each other as much as our own children. Am I making any sense?

Anyway, I know this post is long, mushy, and kinda cheesy. I am just feeling so much about motherhood lately that I can't keep it to myself. I love being a mom and I love the moms in my life!

No comments:

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!