Friday, July 8, 2011

Making Jam

Every year since Chase and I got married we've made jam together. We didn't intend it to become a tradition, but it's become a very special one for us. I can't explain it, but it's just a neat bonding time. And then when we're eating the jam we get that pride that we made it together. This year was the first year we had a little extra help, and we enjoyed every bit of it! In fact, it made it that much more special! I put a chair next to the sink so she could see what I was doing, and before I knew it she was pulling the strawberry stems off leaf by leaf. She then would do one of three things... eat it, put it in her oven mit (?), or occasionally put it in the bowl with the other washed and stemmed strawberries. Since this night of making the jam, I haven't been able to get her to eat a strawberry. I'll try again in a few weeks. I wasn't expecting her to take so much interest in this activity but she absolutely loved it, and we loved having her there with us!







Ok, now here's a little bonus to this post.... a little shout out to my sister, Deebs. First of all, somehow I noticed in my RAGNAR post that I didn't post the group picture with Darby and Trevor in it. Oops! They were there and they did see it to the finish line! Let it be known! Second, My little sister is just great. I can't tell you how sweet she is to my little girl! Railee really does light up whenever Darby comes around. We love Aunt Deebs!




2 comments:

Darby said...

Ok this is the best entry you have ever written fosho.

jayni & ben said...

I love that you anew darbs are so close. Sisters are the best!!! You and Chase are cute making jam.

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!