Tuesday, November 2, 2010

H-A-Double L-O-W-Double E-N

I can't believe Halloween has come and gone. It didn't even feel like Halloween on Halloween, though. It hardly did the night before. It was weird. We had so much fun, but it still didn't feel like Halloween. Chase, Railee and I went to my sister's house for a party, and she didn't get ONE trick-or-treater. NOT ONE! I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know it was raining, but bad weather didn't stop us back in the day. Anyway, we got pumpkins, but never got around to carving them. I still want to. We'll just have to carve turkeys and Pilgrims and stuff like that. However, we had so much fun picking them out. Railee was so excited about it. And it's just a coincidence that I had her wear her pumpkin shirt that night. It sure made for some cute pictures.
Her very first pumpkin. We also got her one more her size. I think I'll use that to make some bread or something.
We had a blast at my sister's house on Halloween Eve. Halloween is also Trevor's birthday, so she got some people together for a costume party. I forgot to take my camera, so I'll have to bum some pictures off somebody else that was at the party. I was a Girl Scout, Chase was a Boy Scout, and Railee was Tinkerbell. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to get way into it, but then end up scrambling around the house at the last minute to pull something together. And one day I'll know how to sew and I'll be good enough to make my kids' costumes. Ha... one day. Halloween Day we visited parents. Chase's mom made some amazing chili and scones. She also bought this cute Halloween cupcake for Railee. SHE LOVES CUPCAKES! This was the treat of a lifetime for little Railee!


And for anybody wondering, Railee's sleeping suddenly got better. I haven't done anything different, but one night she was way easy to put to bed and it's been fine ever since. ??? I don't know. Now she just sleeps a LOOOONG time. I wouldn't say it's worrying me (yet), but it's weird how long she can sleep! Saturday we didn't wake her up just to see how long she'd go. She ended up sleeping until 1:00 PM!!!! We think she might have woken up and played around a little and then fell back asleep, but we're not positive she did (if so, she didn't make a peep). Growth spurt? Sure... we'll go with that for now. But she's never slept that long with any other growth spurt she's had. We'll see.

No comments:

Blogging Blogger

Well, isn't it about time I made one of these for Chase and me? I love looking at everybody else's... seeing what's been happening in everybody's lives with discription and pictures to go along with it. I thought since I enjoy seeing all the other blogs, why wouldn't people want to see mine. So, here it is! It's a work in progress, but it'll get better as I get more familiar with all the gadgets and gizmos. Hope you all enjoy it!